School Community Council
2022-2023 School Trustland Spending Goals
We have received $104,681.07 to put toward the following goals determined by administration, staff and the School Community Council (SCC) at Blanding Elementary.
Goal 1: By the end of the 2022-2023 school year, 60% of 2nd grade students will make typical or above typical growth on the Acadience Pathways Reading to Progress measure, and 50% of students will be on grade level as measured by the Acadience Reading Composite indicators. Data note: At middle of year, 2022, 62% of 2nd grade students made typical or above typical growth on the Acadience pathways measure and 39% of 2nd grade students were on grade level as measured by the Acadiance composite score.
Action steps: We will use funding to purchase an additional teacher to decrease class sizes and allow for a smaller RTI groupings within the grade level. This teacher will help organize the RTI process in language arts, create common formative assessments in language arts, gather data for team collaboration meetings, and provide targeted instruction in differentiated groups.
Goal 2: By the end of the 2022-2023 school year, 60% of 1st - 3rd grade students will make typical or above typical growth on the Acadience Pathways Reading to Progress measure, and 50% of students will be on grade level as measured by the Acadience Reading Composite indicators. Data note: Midyear 2022 data points Pathways Composite 1st grade 49% 52% 2nd grade 62% 39% 3rd grade 56% 54% Average 56% 48% At middle of year, 2022, 39% of 2nd grade students were on grade level as measured by the Acadience composite score and 62% of 2nd grade students made typical or above typical growth on the progress measure.
Action Steps: Part 1 of Goal 2:
We will be using funds to pay for the salary and benefits of a paraeducator to support targeted small group instruction (6.5 hours/day).
Paraeducator will instruct 2 half classes so that teachers can provide interventions to students who are identified as struggling in a targeted area of reading.
The paraeducator will provide health education, Physical Education, and some character education while the teacher provides specific interventions in the area of Language arts.
Teachers will monitor growth through Acadience Reading measure.
Part 2 of Goal 2:
1. The BES School Leadership team will hire a consultant to provide in-depth training on the elements of developing and monitoring the progress of the BES 90-day plan goals (English Language Arts, Math, and Instruction)
2. Coaching Calls (1 hour) at $250/hour x9 = $2,250: The consultant will work with the BES Admin team via monthly coaching calls supporting challenges and next steps with the ongoing development and improvement of the 90-day plan.
3. Professional Development for the SLT at $2,400/day x2 = $4,800: The consultant will work with the BES SLT for two days throughout the year. These will be broken into two 1/2 days and one full day at the end of the school year.
4. Coaching consultation for the BES leadership and teaching staff at $2,000/day x6 = $12,000: The consultant will provide scaffolded support to create a system of peer coaching in efforts to refine highly effective instruction.
5. School team leadership stipend $200/day x7 = $1,400: At the end of the 2022-2023 school year, consultant will support the BES SLT for the upcoming goals of 2023-2024's 90-day plan.
6. Substitutes for peer coaching at $100/day x 57.83 = $5,783.99.
School Community Council (SCC)
First Tuesday of every month in Julie Lee's Room (121) from 3:30 - 4:15
Our next meeting is on:
October 3, 2022
All parents are welcome to each meeting and we encourage your participation.
Agenda and Minutes
21/22 School Trust Lands Final Report
Nominations will be accepted through 9/17. Please fill out following form to nominate yourself or someone you think would be a great fit. Currently, we have no Native representation so please spread the word.
Ballots will be held in the front office until September 30th at 4:00pm.
Voting is now complete! Please look at the link below see our 2022-2023 SCC members.
Live online council training: save the date! Our annual online council member training will be held on the following dates. Email invites will be sent out to all council members on October 21st (following the Oct. 20th deadlines)
Nov. 9 (12 pm)
Nov. 9 (7 pm)
Nov. 14th (12 pm)
Nov. 14th (7 pm)